Sunday, June 15, 2008

2008 Cedar Rapids Flood

This is so SAD! My previous blog was about the tornado that ripped through Parkersburg, Iowa, now Iowans are facing catastrophic floods happening in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Coralville. These are all communities I have grown up around. I hope and pray, mother nature ends this violent weather in the upper Midwest and soon. Please, say a prayer for my family, friends, and those who have lost their homes, property, and businesses after the deadly tornado's and floods of 2008!

1 comment:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Sadly, this is one of the few times this is a rare time this part of the country has made international headlines. I was through there in 1993 after those floods and know these are even worse. Sorry to know it hit people you're close to. I've talked to some folks I know there who are fortunately on higher ground and safe.