Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When You Were A Teenager...

what was your worst summer job?

Mine was working in the corn fields detasseling. I only did it one summer and believe me when tell you this, it was one of the worst experiences I have ever experienced. I was up bright and early every morning! 4:00 am to be exact, riding in a school bus off into the beautiful corn fields of Iowa out in the middle of no where. When we arrived at our location they would drop us off and away we went. We would work 10 hours a day in the hot glaring sun, humidity and sometimes in the mud if it had rained. Back then I didn't fully understand what we were actually doing, but lemme tell you, it was pure hell. Oh the pain I felt in my arms, hands, back and feet! The only good thing about that grueling job was the the cash I raked in that summer.

No comments: